Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

TIXATI WIN 10 PARTIAL FILE SHOWING IN 'COMPLETE'

by Guest on 2024/04/10 04:18:10 PM    
PARTIAL FILE SHOWING IN COMPLETE. SEVERAL FILES MAY BE GROUPED TOGETHER (IN A FOLDER, SORT OF). WHAT HAPPENS AS THE 'FOLDER' IS DOWNLOADING PARTS OF THE FILES WITHIN THE 'FOLDER' MAY SHOW UP IN THE 'COMPLETE' DESTINATION FOLDER, SO ONE IS LEFT WITH THE IMPRESSION THAT THE 'FOLDER' HAS COMPLETED DOWNLOADING, BUT ANNOYING! BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE. ONLY BY CHECKING IN THE MAIN TRANSFER WINDOW CAN YOU CONFIRM THE 'FOLDER' HAS COMPLETELY DOWNLOADED! SO YOU HAVE TO HAVE TIXATI RUNNING TO CONFIRM STATUS. A MINOR INCONVENIENCE BUT ANNOYING NONETHELESS.
by Guest on 2024/04/11 10:26:53 AM    
Tixati downloads everything to the same folder, whether its 0% to 100%. It pre-allocates the files even if there is nothing inside them.
I think this is what you're finding an issue?

This means until all your Tixati downloads reach 100% you will have a mix of complete/incomplete in that Download folder.

What you might find useful to do, (I would certainly do this...)

Create 2 folders on your hard drive, maybe do this, or choose your own naming:

TIXATI_COMPLETE
TIXATI_INCOMPLETE

Download everything to TIXATI_INCOMPLETE and then set the feature "MOVE ON COMPLETION" (when reaches 100%) and choose folder TIXATI_COMPLETE
As soon as stuff reaches 100% it is moved over. This is much neater.

This way, whenever you look in TIXATI_COMPLETE, its always going to contain stuff that is fully ready.

Do you think this idea will solve your issue? Have a read up on the instructions, if you're still stuck I can list the steps you need to make to implement this.

Thanks

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server