Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Guys lets put up a list of what we wish in tixati
Page 1 of 9     <<   <   12345>>>
by aragon on 2014/04/01 12:42:39 PM    
Guys i think tixati is awesome and think it is perfect so a question came to my mind what can we add in tixati? So i started a thread to cheer up and look forward for new features.

Thing i think must be corrected is -
1. problem of tixati with private trackers (dont know how this happens but i always have less uploaded than really   uploaded )

I think this is the only flaw in tixati . Prove me wrong guys that you have more creative minds to come up with more bright ideas to make tixati best of all clients.
by Nili on 2014/04/01 06:47:21 PM    
No thanks, I personally put full of thoughts, do not know if they've been considering?
Tixati is awesome though.
by Pete on 2014/04/01 09:22:11 PM    
I think bugfixes are most important. Other than that I'd like:
1. "Maximum peer connections per transfer" settings separate for downloads and uploads
2. more freedom to setting "Maximum peer connections per transfer" - values lower than 25 and higher than 200
3. some automatic solution for queue stalling
4. possibility of translations to different languages
by Guest on 2014/04/01 10:19:29 PM    
I love how configurable Tixati is, a couple of features I think would be great:

1) More columns definable in transfer window, such as, "Last Action" "Destination Path" etc.
2) Better RSS Functionality (more like uTorrent where you can save searches and match against multiple RSS feeds), also, store the entire history of an RSS feed so you can download from the history (Right click, Download Torrent)
3) A nice to have, would be Auto UnRAR/Unzip on complete, especially unrar to a particular folder
by Guest on 2014/04/02 08:43:51 AM    
I dont know if tixati can add new trackers autocratically or not if so its perfect
by aragon on 2014/04/02 03:00:21 PM    
Yeah rss feed would be nice addition but i think adding more connection  tixati will have some problem  handling  also it came to my mind that we can try to reduce ram usage of tixati so i can play games or 3d editing when  downloading
Any other ideas guys?
by Guest on 2014/04/03 05:12:31 PM    
I agree with the more columns in the transfer view.  For me, completed time/date is one of the most important.
by Pete on 2014/04/04 08:19:41 PM    
Completed column is currently available.
by Nomamyrmex on 2014/04/08 05:06:36 PM    
Bind to network interface option like vuze has.
by DrTeeth on 2014/04/08 07:26:23 PM    
Frequent updates ;-).
by Guest on 2014/04/10 10:58:17 AM    
I would like to have the option not to create a subfolder with the torrent filename. I like saving some downloads (like TV-episodes) in the same folder and not in many subfolders. As it is now I have to stop seeding and move manually.

I too would like the "bind to adapter"-option like in Vuze. Until then I use "VPN Lifeguard" that shuts down Tixati when VPN goes down (and restarts it when reconnected).
by Vinicius W Haas on 2014/04/11 03:54:56 AM    
on downloading files. allocate them at specific directory and on finish/stop it writes to the output dir(defined by download)

detailed explanation: (this computer i am using as example doesnt exist)
my c: is entire a SSD drive
c:\torrent is a mounted HDD (slow I/O, IDK why)
location of the tixati is c:\apps\tixati (portable mode)
tixati downloads is set to be c:\torrent
this is the point: the files my tixati is working on is downloaded to a c:\apps\tixati\currentdwn (where is still a SSD drive and have a highspeed and fast I/O)

and an idea i gave before the old forum where deleted: a "Server - Client"
the current tixati converted to a server. to do anything on it, it must be acessed from a client.
the server is exactly what the actual version does. but without the UI. just the algorithms.
the client is just the UI that connects to the server and push all information to show to the user. and thats it.
the communication between server-client is server choice. in .\settings.ini ( same dir as tixati ) where is set the ip filter to connect, username and password, SSL if want to and etc.

IDK = i donĀ“t know
UI = User Interface
by Guest on 2014/04/15 12:55:28 PM    
Tixati should check the available HD-space BEFORE trying to allocate.
As it is now, after (for example) 85% allocating comes the error message
"Not enough disk space"
But at that time with a larger file of a few GB, you waited already 20 minutes
for the allocation until the error message comes up.

Basically I'm working with a similar set-up like the contributor before me.
I work and download on a fast (but small) HD and move the completed file
to an external large (but slow) HD.
by Guest on 2014/04/15 01:04:05 PM    
Default settings.
An easy way to reset all manual changes I've done.
Reset all transfer limits .... and so on...
A simple one click solution preferred.
by Guest on 2014/04/15 01:38:07 PM    
The scheduler needs an overhaul.

I've looked at the scheduler. I don't understand how it works.
I think it needs to be separated into daily, weekly, monthly schedule.
And a bit simplier, not too complicated.
by Pete on 2014/04/15 07:15:24 PM    
It would be great to have an option of sorting files by order in .torrent file.
by Sailor24 on 2014/04/17 05:41:23 AM    
couple of quoted posts
by Guest on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:55:28 GMT
Tixati should check the available HD-space BEFORE trying to allocate.
As it is now, after (for example) 85% allocating comes the error message
"Not enough disk space"
But at that time with a larger file of a few GB, you waited already 20 minutes
for the allocation until the error message comes up.

by Guest on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:04:05 GMT
Default settings.
An easy way to reset all manual changes I've done.
Reset all transfer limits .... and so on...
A simple one click solution preferred.

First one you must have a different problem. 20 mins before your comp knows it is out of space, come on. How big a file we talking about? On my machine 100 GB file takes a few minutes to allocate on default settings. So if  you are downloading a large file check your properties of the drive yourself. One right click gives you the free space on your disk.

Second poster .... Don't make changes to your program unless you know what changes you are making. Sounds rude but it is notmeant to be. All programs need minor adjustments, they need to be made with know how. If you really need to delete all your changes and start fresh, then delete the config or ini file. Not sure which file it is in Tixati because I have not looked.
This can be ansewered in the forum not something that should bloat the program.
If you want to know how to delete all changes you have made start a new post with that as the topic and if no one else answers your question I will take the time to find the file you need to delete. Path too.
by Guest on 2014/04/17 08:35:01 AM    
1. "Prioritize by file order"
2. Keyboard shortcuts
by Guest on 2014/04/17 01:47:18 PM    
It's funny, the headline says "Guys lets put up a list of what we wish in tixati"
and it should read " Guys lets put up a list of what we wish in tixati and we gonna start .....  at you"
by Guest on 2014/04/17 09:53:40 PM    
The most desired features for me are a correct display of non-registered torrents and ability to automatically resolve a situation when checked torrent contains a file of a different size than the one already present on the disk.
Page 1 of 9     <<   <   12345>>>
<<  Back To Forum

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server