Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Split daemon from Interface

by maxadamo on 2013/09/29 12:30:37 PM    
are you planning to create a separated daemon and having an interface which connects to the daemon?
The reason I ask it, is that I - as many others - use a HTPC with Linux as a home server, where I run either Transmission and Deluge as daemon and I connect remotely from my laptop (I can do it with Vuze as well... it's not straight and easy, but it's doable).
With Tixati I don't want to login the X server, than start tixati and connect remotely thru the web interface. A part from the fact that the web interface is poor, the whole graphic environment (the X server) will use a lot of CPU and this is something that I don't want.

p.s.: I think it would be the same with Windows: you'll have a windows service running and the interface will connect to it. For instance Deluge allows the option to run as a windows service... you have to create the service yourself, but you can. Even with transmission is possible on windows.
by Guest on 2014/12/19 02:15:28 AM    
want to support this feature request.

Situation: my headless network storage is a bit more ... a System with CouchPotato and Sickrage(Sickbeard fork), but there is not the one and only best torrent client for servers. Ive had everything, deluge, transmission, rtorrent and currently running utorrent server with a nice and shiny web interface. But i dont need a nice and shiny webinterface (nice thing to have thou), i need a torrent client that can provide me with every information and statistics(!) i can imagenably get; like your client. Statistics are important on a headless server, i wanna know whats goint on.

I would love to see the interface splitted away from the daemon. i would switch to Tixati on my headless server in a split second (just using it on desktop sometimes at the moment). i could monitor my torrents from work.

I kow its not just a small thing to do, but as far as motivation goes, it got you the most professional client so far.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server