Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.12 works great on Win 7

by John on 2015/05/09 12:42:20 AM    
I am pleasantly surprised that Tixati 2.12 is working fine and is more stable than all the previous releases!

When multitasking - working alongside with heavy programs, Tixati used to hang the computer for 5+ minutes in versions prior to 1.96, and for 1 minute in 1.99. Now it hangs for only 10 seconds maximum!

It now uses less RAM too, making a maximum of 80MB!

Great job at making Tixati lighter!

Web seeding is not yet functional, but everything else is better. I use torrents from archive dot org for web seed testing.
by John on 2015/05/14 06:13:43 PM    
Ok, I might have been too enthusiastic.

Tixati 2.12 now hangs for about 20 seconds maximum and takes up to 350MB RAM when 40 download tasks are added, and "only" 80MB when 10 torrents are being downloaded.

It really is better than the previous versions, but it still needs memory and CPU usage optimisations.
by loninappleton on 2015/05/18 08:41:03 PM    
Inability to get torrents from archive dot org is still a problem for me as well.

On another of my homenet machines I tried to use some other clients but found them difficult to simply get rid of-- Transmission being a specific example.

And a UPnP error crops up in simple uTorrent attempt to get
free content from archive dot org.  The whole situation seems upside down where free content cannot be downloaded.
by Guest on 2015/05/19 10:44:17 PM    
@loninappleton ->i am having NO problem getting torrents from archive.
by Guest on 2015/05/20 09:02:05 PM    
Alright.  I have seen my UPnP error and not know what to do about it.

In Tixati even the newest one, the torrent actually gets loaded and appears to start.  But then the transfer rate goes down to nothing.  This has happened many times.  I have a Win 7 OS and an older Win XP and torrents from archive have been a problem for years.  My Tixati is on the XP.

It was not always the case and I have no idea what has changed in my settings or archive dot org transmissions.

No thread hijack intended.  I've asked around on this and at archive but no solution is available.
by John on 2015/05/21 04:30:41 PM    
@ guest - I can connect to the archive dot org tracker and peers, but I can't connect to the archive dot org server web seeds.

This is what I and loninappleton mean by saying we can't download from web seeds on archive dot org.
by Guest on 2015/05/22 02:02:24 AM    
i have downloaded a few files from archive and have had NO problems (including from webseeds).
by loninappleton on 2015/05/22 09:16:15 PM    
And I had no problem some time back.  Unfortunately I can't do the forensics-- when I switched to Win 7 for example.

My Tixati is running on XP on a different networked machine
with the Win 7 and a similar problem with archive exists on both.  Just observing a torrent program (I've tried several) it looks to want to start and then dies.

I have inspected the enabling of UPnP but perhaps there is an administrative function needed?
by Guest on 2015/05/22 11:47:09 PM    
sometimes the webseeds are slow or disconnect, but they do reconnect and finish for me, on linux with v2.12.
by John on 2015/05/23 05:22:34 AM    
Tixati web seeds may work on Linux, but they don't work on Win.

The good thing is that Tixati has the best DHT engine:
- I started a torrent with Transmission and for 10 minutes it only found 1 seeder and 0 leechers.
- With the same torrent Tixati found 5 seeders and 4 leechers in 10 minutes. The tracker had only one seeder, so all the other peers came from the DHT search. :)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server